Study to Evaluate the Efficacy of IN STI-9199 in Treating Symptomatic COVID-19 in Outpatient Adults and Adolescents
This is a Phase 2 global, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study designed to investigate the safety and preliminary efficacy of intranasal STI-9199 in adults and adolescents who are COVID-19 positive with mild to moderate symptoms.
- Eligible Ages
- Over 12 Years
- Eligible Genders
- Accepts Healthy Volunteers
- Otherwise healthy, positive for COVID-19 by an EUA-approved rapid antigen or PCR test, has ongoing "mild to moderate illness or symptoms" with symptom onset starting < 5 days prior to screening visits - Must provide written informed consent/assent if a minor which includes signing the institutional review board/independent ethics committee approved consent form prior to participating in any study related activity - Willing and able to comply with study procedures and follow-up visits - Willing to follow all contraception guidelines
- In the Investigator's opinion, has progressive symptoms with likely imminent (24-48 hours) hospitalization or severe COVID-19 illness/symptoms - Any medical condition that, in the Investigator's or designee's opinion, could adversely impact participant safety or key objectives of the study - Has a prior history of long COVID - Has a clinically documents acute infection other than COVID-19 - Known or suspected pregnancy, planned pregnancy, a positive pregnancy test at screening or are breastfeeding - Has participated, or is participating in a clinical reserach study evaluating COVID-19 convalescent plasma, mAbs against SARS-CoV-2, or IV immunoglobulin within 2 months or less than 5 half-lives of the investigational product (whichever is longer) prior to the screening visit
- Phase 2
- Study Type
- Intervention Model
- Parallel Assignment
- Primary Purpose
- Quadruple (Participant, Care Provider, Investigator, Outcomes Assessor)
|4 mg, 10 mg or 20 mg STI-9199 administered intranasally||
|Placebo administered intranasally||
- NCT ID
- Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc.
This is a Phase 2 global, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study designed to investigate the safety and preliminary efficacy of intranasal STI-9199 in adults and adolescents who are COVID-19 positive with mild to moderate symptoms. This is a single dose study and three different dose concentrations will be compared to placebo.